With winter on the horizon, many homeowners are dreading the high utility bills they’ll face for indoor heating. Some believe these costs are a necessary evil, but improvements in heat pump technology have proven otherwise. Indeed, heat pumps increase central heating systems’ durability, decrease their environmental impact, and boost their efficiency to slash energy bills. The Comfort 15 Heat Pump from Carrier, in particular, leverages impressive efficiency at an affordable rate. Consider the benefits of a new heat pump installation when your outdated unit costs you a fortune.
For over 45 years, R. A. Dobson has provided Ashburn, VA, homeowners with effective HVAC, water heater, and plumbing solutions. Highly trained technicians perform our installation and maintenance services, and we honor all manufacturer warranties. For headache-free and satisfactory heating solutions, call (703) 481-3700 today.
Below, we discuss why the Comfort 15 Heat Pump is for you:
Carrier 15 Heat Pump Features
- Efficiency: On the SEER2 (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Radio) rating, heat pumps are scored on their ability to heat and cool, with higher SEER2 scores representing greater efficiency. The Comfort 15 boasts a SEER2 score of 15.2. In comparison, units that are 10+ years old are likely to have a SEER of around 10.
- Durability: Dents, scratches, and outdoor wear-and-tear are no match for the galvanized steel cabinet, heavy-duty wire coil guard, and baked-on powder paint of the Comfort 15 Heat Pump. Manufacturers can also fit comfort series models with WeatherShield™ technology for long-lasting corrosion resistance.
- Hybrid Heat System: Like other Carrier heat pumps, the Comfort 15 design is hybrid heat system compatible, which can help you save on utility bills during the winter. By combining this electric heat pump with a Carrier gas furnace and compatible thermostat, the Carrier Hybrid system automatically switches between electric and gas heating to optimize the system’s efficiency. For example, when the temperature drops below 40 degrees, the heat pump turns off and the gas-fired furnace kicks in. This innovative dual-fuel system ensures maximum year-round comfort.
- Eco-Friendly: Carrier was the first manufacturer to offer systems with Puron refrigerant, a contemporary solution to environmental concerns. Older heat pump models use the refrigerant R22, a substance that contributes to harmful ozone depletion. Replacing an older, less efficient heat pump with a Carrier product thus reduces energy use and your environmental impact.
- Low Sound: Comfort shouldn’t come at the expense of your hearing. In addition to optimal temperature control, the Carrier 15 has a quiet operation that goes as low as 69 decibels (for reference, normal conversation is between 60-70 decibels). Protect your ears by opting for a heat pump designed with your comfort in mind.
Innovation at an Affordable Price
Air conditioners, furnaces, and heat pumps typically last between 15 and 20 years. After years of wear and tear, they lose their temperature control efficiency, which increases energy bills and expensive maintenance. So, rather than wasting money on repairs for an inefficient and antiquated heat pump, enjoy the Comfort 15’s long-term energy savings. Heat pump installation costs incurred by this upgrade are offset by reduced energy consumption and a higher durability standard.
Professional Heat Pump Installation in Ashburn, VA!
Rely on the professionals at R. A. Dobson for cost-effective and high-quality heat pump installations and repairs. As a second-generation family business, we provide the latest energy-efficient HVAC technology to Ashburn, VA, residents. Benefit from decades of experience and industry knowledge by calling (703) 481-3700 to schedule an HVAC service today.